Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Catch

You can go from rags to riches.
You can be the hottie that everyone wishes that they could be.
You can be the super mom that does it all, leaving everyone wondering, “How does she do it?”
You can be ANYTHING that you’re heart desires but here’s the catch….

It’s up to you to make it happen.

When it comes to bringing your ideal life into fruition, there’s no room for tales of woe-is-me or excuses stemming from your past.  
 
You own the policy on your life. 
 
We all have battle scars that we've acquired throughout our lives.  I used to look at mine as blemishes but now I treat them like badges of honour.  They prove that I’ve gone toe to toe with adversity and won.
 
Whatever hurt me didn’t break me and sometimes I need that reminder.

I recently found a list that I had written long ago of things that I wanted to accomplish in my lifetime.  After a quick scan, a smirk of satisfaction fell across my face because I could mentally check off several of the items I had noted.  As it turns out, I’ve kept my eyes on the prize (even on the most challenging of days) and because of that, I was able to enjoy the fruits of my labour.

I didn’t give up (despite the times that I wanted to).
I didn’t fall apart (even when I was walking on shaky ground).
I didn’t lose faith (even when I felt alone).

I chose to make things happen for myself and they did because I did the work, I shed the blood, I cried the tears, I whispered the prayers.  The work still continues and I'm grateful for the opportunity to dig in and exercise my free will as I see fit.

If you’re reading this and are mourning over lost opportunities, I have good news for you.  It’s not too late.

You’re not dead so there’s no reason to live a life that has no pulse.

There’s still time to make things happen for yourself.  The catch is that you have to commit to starting now.

Not tomorrow. 
Not next week. 
Not next year.  

Those timelines don't come with guarantees. What you have is now and I can’t think of a better time for any of us to start living fully, completely and with heartfelt intent.

The key to making this venture a success is to ensure that you’re doing it for you and you alone.
Living in accordance to someone else’s agenda will definitely extinguish any fire and passion that you generate along your journey.  Walking along someone else’s path only guarantees to get you lost.

 I came across a Nike ad that has helped to push me along the way and I want to share it with you:

The first step towards getting somewhere
is to decide that you are not going to stay
where you are.

 Everyone needs a reminder sometimes.  I hope that this post has been yours.

Until next time….

 

2 comments: